One of Ryan's favorite new games is his "Be right back" game. He comes up to me and usually gives me a hug. Then he walks about 5 feet turns and says, "Bye-bye, Mommy. Be right back." Then he will go out of sight, usually in the kitchen and come right back and say, "Hi, Mommy." He gives a hug and starts from the beginning. This cycle repeats many times until he is distracted or he just stays with me and cuddles. I'm not sure why, but I like his little game. It's sweet.
This is one of the things I think I will never forget, but time passes and soon all those cute little things that you thought you'd remember forever don't seem as vivid anymore. I want to write about it here because there are so many wonderful things I want to remember. I want to be able to look back at my blog to bring back these memories if they are ever to fade.
I want to remember how Ryan likes to line up all his cars and anything else with wheels and then rearrange them in a different line. How he asks for hugs and kisses. How much he likes to show me the clues in Blue's Clues-"Look, Mommy, a clue, right there, right there, a clue!!!" He is so fun.



4 comments:
Ahhhhhh. He's such a cutie! And so smart! :-)
They're so sweet at this age, learning new things and wanting to show you how much they understand. Remember Daniel, how he wouldn't do new things for us until it was PERFECT? He'd practice in front of his family, but we had to wait until he was GOOD before he'd show us.
This is exactly why I started my blog when Coley was 4 months old. I wanted to remember everything. And even with updating the blog as often as I do, there are still some things I forgot to write about (like when exactly DID she start sleeping through the night?!?).
And the be-right-back game sounds so precious!
This is a perfect way to remember...I didn't blog with Matthew, but I had a book called "The First Five Years" and it had sections for stories about words, holidays, the everyday routine, likes and dislikes. I still love looking at it because I DO forget some of his little quirks.
And any game that involves hugging your baby is a good game:-)
Post a Comment