Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I thought it was just my carpets that were meant to be ruined...Alas, I was wrong! I thought I'd tidy up the basement today. It's been getting steady stream of stuff we don't want in other places, so I thought I'd try to organize he chaos a little. Well, it's a good thing I did because I lifted up a box to put it on top of another(my method of organizing) and noticed water the box. It took me a few minutes to figure out where it was coming from. It was very peculiar, there was one puddle and no water around it. My first thought was of the hose that leads from the dehumidifier into the sump pump...maybe it had leaked and we didn't notice and the spot under the box just didn't dry.  So, I did a little more investigating and found it was dry under the boxes next to the hose. When I walked back over the spot where the wet box had been it was wet again, but I had wiped it up...hmmm. Uh-oh the edges of the tiles are all wet, but the center is not...it's coming from under the tiles! Disastrous thoughts wet through my mind of water seeping up through the floor, but I moved some more boxes and found guess what...that's right more water. So after some more investigation and taking bunches of stuff out of wet boxes I found the culprit(at least I'm pretty sure it's the culprit), the connection between the hose and dehumidifier is leaky. So much for my afternoon nap! We are blessed however in many ways. The water had not been sitting long enough to mildew or mold everything. There is the tiniest bit on a couple boxes, but the water had not really penetrated through the boxes to get the things inside wet and we had put shelves down there that sit about an inch of the floor for just this type of situation and all the important stuff is safe. So all in all the net loss is one nap, several warped tiles and a couple boxes(which will make more room in the basement anyway).



1 comment:

Erin said...

You are NOT having a good week.... sheesh!