Okay, I'm not about insulting people or anything, but I just have to ask this. Does Jessica seriously think that people know the words to "These Boots are Made for Walkin'" because of her album?
On CBS this morning Jessica sings her "new" song, "These Boots are Made for Walkin'".
Interviewer comes over. He says, "The audience seems to know the words."
Jessica says, "That's good because it just came out last week."
She was joking, right? She knows that she is covering a song that came out in the 70s and has been played ever since. She also knows the other song that she sang is a cover too, right? "Son of a Preacher Man"(I think that's the name, it's the chorus at least). What's up with a famous star singing a bunch of cover songs and saying she really wanted to feel like this she owned this album?



5 comments:
Perhaps she is too young to know Nancy Sinatra made that song famous?
Reminds me of Whitney Houston refusing to sing a duet of "I Will Always Love You" with Dolly Parton because she didn't want to share 'her' song. Dolly WROTE the song and does a beautiful rendition of it herself!
I heard Dolly Parton speak recently and she said that Whitney made her more more money than anyone else. Dolly only rents the rights to her songs, she never sells them, so Whitney can say what she wants, she knew she didn't own it!
That girl is either brilliant in getting exposure or just plain dumb and stupid. It amazes me.
Mrs. Belle, Dolly is very gracious about Ms. Houston's proprietary feelings about the song. I think i
*I* am more annoyed than she! :)
I think I am more annoyed as well! Although I guess if I made a bazillion dollars off of someone I might not worry so much either.
I LOVE Dolly Parton! Whitney Houston? Not so much!
Post a Comment