Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

It's gonna be Thomas!

I decided to do the home party even though it means I have to clean up the house and do all the work myself. It just seems to make sense with toddlers. So on one of the days that I felt okay I went to the party store. I picked up some things for Ryan's party:-) We decided on a Thomas the Tank Engine theme. I knew it would be something with things that go(cars, trains, big trucks, etc.) because Ryan loves them so much. We were looking at the favors and decorations together. We saw a set with big trucks, it was okay, but then we saw Thomas the Tank Engine. Ryan LOVES Thomas. So we are going with trains as a theme. I've thought of a few games and some activities. I'll be doing some prep work in my good moments. I'm pretty excited about the ideas I have. I hope the kids have as much fun doing the things as I'm having thinking them up! I also hope that my morning sickness is gone soon so I can do this well. I do have a very creative volunteer lined up to help if I need her. It's great to have good friends:-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you decided when said birthday party is going to be held?Just wondering....

Periwinkle Jen said...

August 28

Erin said...

Yay for Thomas the Tank Engine!
Hey... does Ryan have any of the little wooden trains and tracks yet? They are really REALLY cute... Ben loves them!

Periwinkle Jen said...

He has one Thomas, but no tracks. Zach has some tracks somewhere, but I don't know where.

Carolyn said...

Hi Jen, I found you from Erin's site. Congratulations on baby #2!!

Also, just wanted to say my sister in law did a Thomas party for her son's second b-day. One of the favors was a wooden train whistle (I think from the Osh-Kosh store maybe?). Brandon loves it. She used glue/glitter to write each childs name on the whistle too so no getting them mixed up. Just thought I'd share the idea!

Periwinkle Jen said...

Cool, thanks Carolyn.