I finally get to see the Lion King tonight! I've wanted to see it since Rosie's show was out and she used to talk about it all the time. It really has been a long time. I don't even know when that show went off the air, but I really have not seen anything about Rosie in years. I guess she made enough money to retire. I really would have liked to take Ryan, but Jay doesn't think he would last. Besides all the matinees were sold out and there is no way I'm taking my kids to a show that starts at 8. I'm sure there are those of you who are scoffing at my prudishness, but you don't know how those kids are when they don't get enough sleep. Let me tell you...it's not pretty. If Ryan doesn't get to bed on time none of us get enough sleep because he wakes up every hour or so.
We are taking Ryan to his first show soon. Sesame Street Live in September. I'm really excited to see how he likes it. Jay and I are both going because neither one of us wants to miss his reaction to bigger than life Elmo, Grover and Ernie. It should be a fun time.
I'm off to scour my closet for a nice outfit that still fits.



4 comments:
Let me know how it is! I've always wanted to see it! Enjoy your evening out! :)
The Lion King! I am so jealous! That is one show I could not get your father to go see with me while we were in Europe. Have a great time--enjoy it for all of us.
Love you.
Its really good. I saw it in NY a couple of years ago and how they do everything is really amazing. Less amazing were these irritating grandparents behind me who were egging on their beautifully behaved young granchildren by asking them how they liked the show DURING THE ENTIRE SHOW. The children, I assume having been taught manners by their parents, weren't really answering, but that didn't stop the grandparents. SHEESH!
Have fun...and I'm not scoffing at your "prudishness" in the least.
Post a Comment