Today Ryan and I made a crayon drawing. It was so fun. First I gave him a crayon and he held it in his pudgy little fist right on the paper. I thought, 'Wow, he's a natural.' After a moment it was apparent that I would have to show him how to draw as I had planned. His little fist still held that crayon right on the paper, but it didn't move. So I took my purple crayon and made a face. He seemed to like that, but he was not inspired. I fixed the crayon in his hand and guided it a little bit toward the paper. He made a few marks. Then I drew a line and a circle. He planted his pudgy little finger right on the circle and said "da". I said, "Oh, you want to draw a circle like Mommy's." I took his little hand and helped him draw a circle. Again his little finger landed right on that circle, "Da." This happened a few times and we drew a few circles and then I pointed to the line and said "Can you draw a line like Mommy's?" I drew another line on the right side of the paper(which he seemed to favor) and he drew two lines right next to it all by himself. That was a very cool moment for me as a mom because I knew he understood me. I was so proud of those two lines. I can't really put into words how it made me feel, but it was very special. He also made few other marks and lines you might be able to see in the picture.
Zach also had a first today. He did his first wax resist painting. He colored the stars in white crayon and painted blue water color paint over top. The wax from the crayon resists the paint(hence the name) and they stay white while the paper all around is the color you paint. It's pretty cool to do and kids love it. He free handed the stripes. The American Flag is his favorite things, so he had lots of fun doing this painting:-)
**Apparently it's not clear what lines Ryan drew. If I tell you that I had the purple crayon and Ryan had the blue one does that help?**
Ryan and Mommy's first crayon drawing
Zach's first wax resist
3 comments:
Either he's REALLY talented, or you contributed some doodles... ;)
Okay, oops... missed the part in the title about it being Ryan and MOMMY's first crayon drawing. Duh.
My grandsons are SO talented! Love, MOM
Post a Comment