Tuesday, September 21, 2004
Shopping Bust
I've had to go to the grocery store for a while. Since I was sick at the end of last week I didn't feel like leaving the house. I absolutely hate weekend grocery shopping because of the crowds and long lines. I would have gone Monday morning except that I had to wait around the house for the guys who were supposed to haul our tree away. They never showed up...grrr. Not even a phone call! Around noon Jay finally tracked them down and found out they wouldn't be coming. By that time it was too late because I had to go to the bus stop with Zach and then Ryan would need a nap soon after that. So, I decided to go at night when the boys went to bed. Then I started getting excited about the idea. No crowds, good parking space, no kids to keep happy, etc. Well, my enthusiasm was dashed when I got to the store and realized the shelves were bare! Forget about getting ANYTHING that has been on sale. I guess those Sunday crowd-shoppers got all the good stuff. I have to find out when they restock and go back to get the rest of the stuff I need...how annoying is that?! It's not enough to make me want to shop with the crowds on Sunday though. I can't stand trying to get to the next aisle through those people who jam themselves up tight against the person in front of them for fear of losing their spot in line. Then waiting in those same lines for what seems like forever after weaving my way through the aisles, finding my missing husband and keeping track of the kids who have been taxed to the limit because it's taking so long. I think I'll stick to weekday mornings.



No comments:
Post a Comment